FORUMS: list search recent posts

Encore doesn-t accept a DV with 5.1 dolby digital! Help!

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
deborah
Encore doesn-t accept a DV with 5.1 dolby digital! Help!
on Nov 28, 2005 at 4:39:05 pm

Hallo everyone!

I made a DV with Premiere pro with audio 5.1 dolby digital.
When I try to import it with Encore, I get a message where only a stereo signal ia accept!

may somebody help me???

Thanks! Debbie.

Return to posts index

Timothy Kurkoski
Re: Encore doesn-t accept a DV with 5.1 dolby digital! Help!
on Nov 28, 2005 at 6:40:39 pm

Are you saying you created a DV-AVI file with 5.1 audio? That's not Dolby, that's embedded 6-channel PCM audio.

In any case, Encore only accepts 6-channel audio as individual AC3 files or muxed with an MPEG-2 file. Use the encoder included with Premiere Pro (it's a trial version only, limited to 3 exports before you have to pay), or export the audio as a 6-channel WAV file and use another program to encode it to AC3.

Return to posts index

deborah
on Nov 29, 2005 at 8:30:28 pm

Timothy,

thanks for your answer. Can you please recommend me a free program able to transform the 6-channel WAV file into AC3? I tried to do a search in the net, but without results!

Thanks for your time! Debbie.

Return to posts index

Timothy Kurkoski
on Nov 30, 2005 at 5:27:54 pm

I don't think you'll be able to find a free program, Debbie. In order to use Dolby technology you have to license it, so there's no freeware or shareware I know of that can produce AC3 (of course, I don't know everything).

Premiere Pro comes with the SurCode Dolby encoder. As I said before, it's a trial version limited to 3 uses. After that, I think the cost to unlock the encoder is something like $300, which is actually pretty darned cheap for this sort of thing.

Return to posts index

deborah
on Dec 1, 2005 at 1:20:37 pm

Timothy,

thanks for your answers! Debbie!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]