FORUMS: list search recent posts

link to another menu with the remote control menu button from a motion menu

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jubilee
link to another menu with the remote control menu button from a motion menu
on Nov 23, 2005 at 3:28:13 pm

Hi,

I have used the motion menu feature to create looping video that only advances to the next motion menu when you press the "enter" button. What I would like to be able to do is return to another menu when the user presses their remote control menu button. Is this possible? Maybe I am missing something obvious.

Thanks,

Julie

Return to posts index

Timothy Kurkoski
Re: link to another menu with the remote control menu button from a motion menu
on Nov 23, 2005 at 4:57:21 pm

Yes and no. Encore doesn't have a way to define what happens when you press the Menu button if you're already on a menu. (I'm not even sure if that's allowed by the DVD spec or not. Different DVD players may behave differently in this regard. You should test.)

However, there are two menu buttons on DVD remotes- Main Menu and Title Menu. They're often labeled differently depending on the manufacturer or the player. The difference is that the Title Menu is a global setting and applies to all timelines and menus, so your users can use that. You may have to give them instructions, though.

You may be better off using invisible buttons that auto-activate, and put instructions on the disc for how to operate. "Press Enter to return to the menu, press right to advance to the next video, press left to go to the previous video." Or something like that.

Return to posts index

Jubilee
Re: link to another menu with the remote control menu button from a motion menu
on Nov 23, 2005 at 6:24:08 pm

Hi Timothy,

Thanks for your response.

The old version of the DVD (which was created by someone else using Apple DVD Studio Pro) allows me to click the menu button and go back to the appropriate menu when playing the looped video. Maybe it is not a looping menu in that program though.

Unfortunately the Title menu isn't the one I need to go back to. That would have been too easy.

I am creating a DVD which uses some old assets which already have instructions on them. "Press enter to go to next video." which I am doing using an invisible button.

I sent a request to add this feature to the Adobe Encore wishlist, but my message bounced... blah! I'll try again later...

Cheers,

Julie

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]