FORUMS: list search recent posts

DLT for Encore DVD-9 (outsource)

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Julie Meek
DLT for Encore DVD-9 (outsource)
on Nov 19, 2005 at 3:42:39 pm

Is there a source out there for getting a DLT made from our Encore project? Darn if I can root one out, search as I might. I've got a 200 plus minute project that needs to go to DLT for the replication house. Am I right in thinking that I need someone that works in Encore to burn my project to DLT tapes. Or can anyone with the DLT setup do the job from your Encore image (.img) files?

It seems that all the information and sales materials that I run across concerning DLT machines and their operation assume that I already know all about them and don't really talk about using them for making DLTs. So far all the reading I done on the forums and net searches is pretty much the same story. Just make a DLT is the ready answer, but how it works ... not so easy to find.

Maybe setting one up would be a good idea? I really rather have someone handle the transfer (or burn?) if I can figure out who and then what they need to work from. Any ideas out there?

Extra questions:
a. Do all DLT machines work from SCSI cards or is there something that utilizes USB/Firewire?
b. I have seen Quantum 4000 mentioned and also the 2000 here and there. What do you think?
c. What sort of SCSI card do you want to run a DLT suitable for making Dual DVDs? Where would you get it?
d. I have no slots left in my editing machine, what's the lowest end computer that you would consider for setting up a DLT machine in or attached to (if that's the way it has to be in the end)

And lastly, thanks for any help you can be, it will be much appreciated.

Julie

Return to posts index

frederic
Re: DLT for Encore DVD-9 (outsource)
on Nov 21, 2005 at 3:35:06 pm

i have a (never used) dlt quantum 8000 (40/80gb) with no use for it,(scsi) i bought it specially for the kind of work you are doing, if you are interested contact me....frederic.castiau@skynet.be

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]