FORUMS: list search recent posts

m2v video files appearing in Encore as audio files??!

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nerdy Girl
m2v video files appearing in Encore as audio files??!
on Nov 17, 2005 at 12:02:04 am

I exported video only from Premiere Pro as an m2v file (the default/only file extension). But when imported into Encore, it appears as audio files. I previewed the m2v file in a couple of different media players and it looks fine... it's clearly video.

Weeks of screwing with this project which was supposed to be shipped for manufacture 2 days ago.

I don't have time to experiment and export for 12 hours from Premiere anymore. I need it to work now!

Anyone know how to make Encore see it for the video file it truly is, so I can move on!? For the love of God.............

Return to posts index

Nerdy Girl
Re: m2v video files appearing in Encore as audio files??!
on Nov 17, 2005 at 5:37:30 am

Well, I handled the problem.

Before, I exported using the Adobe Media Encoder and selected only the video for output.

This time, I manually removed the audio track and output it the usual way.

Four and a half hours' worth of rendering later, it seems to have worked.

I still can't explain why Encore saw those audio-less files as audio, but whatevah.

Now, five more hours for Act II!

Sigh.

Thank you in advance for any help you would have given me. :-)

Return to posts index

David Garrett
on Nov 17, 2005 at 7:53:20 am

I know it is a bit late for my reply, but I always export from Premiere as .AVI and then allow Encore to do the encoding as it does a pretty decent job of it all

Return to posts index

Nerdy Girl
on Nov 17, 2005 at 7:59:49 am

I typically do as well, but this was 24p footage. It's my first experience working with it, and everything I read indicated that I should export from Premiere at 24p using the Adobe media encoder and letting Encore make the conversion. It's definately been educational, that's for sure... it's also aged me 10 years in 3 weeks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]