FORUMS: list search recent posts

The background is locked !!!!!

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ian futter
The background is locked !!!!!
on Nov 14, 2005 at 6:57:32 pm

how do i change a background on a new menu .... damn it. I cant unlock the original menu !!!

Return to posts index

Timothy Kurkoski
Re: The background is locked !!!!!
on Nov 14, 2005 at 7:54:40 pm

Either drag a new background in and arrange it so that it sits behind the buttons (and on top of the old background) or edit the menu in Photoshop. To edit a locked background layer, double-click on it, give it a name, click OK.

Return to posts index

ian futter
on Nov 14, 2005 at 7:57:32 pm

Thanks for that!! It seemed odd you couldnt edit the original background and it sits behind your new composition...but thats the way it is!!!

cheers

Return to posts index

Don Huckleberry
on Nov 15, 2005 at 8:06:10 am

Are you doing Menu>new menu to create your menu? The blue guy?

I change the default menu to the blank menu in the presets and just build it by starting in Encore then use the open in Photoshop option to build it up then it will update back in Encore. If you start to make a menu in PS then import it into Encore then change the original PS file, it will not update. Encore doesn't link to the original .psd but creates one in the folder that it creates when you save your Encore file. I know it sounds confusing, but that's how it works. So if you are in Encore and you want to change the background (and have Photoshop on your computer) you can just use the Edit in Photoshop command and put a new background in there.

Good luck,

Don

Return to posts index

ian futter
on Nov 15, 2005 at 2:10:04 pm

Yep I am making a new menu. But I understand everything you are describing now, i guess photoshop is alot better for tweaking layers anyway so I will use that link more often.

Ian

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]