FORUMS: list search recent posts

clipping path for highlight

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Cole
clipping path for highlight
on Nov 11, 2005 at 7:25:29 pm

I've noticed, when I take an Encore menu into Photoshop for editing, that the highlight for the default buttons tends to be a clipping path.

My knowledge of PS is very narrowly confined, and I find clipping paths quite confusing, so I have two questions please:

(1) Why does Encore tend to use clipping paths for highlights, as opposed to simply placing an object on the highlight layer?

(2) I've looked in vain for a tutorial which explains clipping paths WELL. I have not yet learned how to create a clipping path and place it on a specific layer, for example.

I would appreciate any attempt at enlightenment.

-- BC

Return to posts index

Timothy Kurkoski
Re: clipping path for highlight
on Nov 11, 2005 at 10:02:35 pm

Clipping paths are a simple, scalable way to create objects. It makes it easier to alter the object's color or shape.

Clipping paths are really just vector shapes that have been turned into a mask. If you understand how vector shapes work (like in Illustrator), then all you need to do is understand masks in Photoshop. Vector shape + mask = clipping path. You might want to post on the Photoshop forum to see if they have links to tutorials on the subject, the only place I could point you is the Photoshop manual or help files.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]