FORUMS: list search recent posts

Button highlighting

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nomar Knows
Button highlighting
on Nov 9, 2005 at 1:27:53 am

I want to know if Encore can do this. OK, I have a map as a background image of a menu. The numbered text is in the lower left hand corner of the menu and each text is a button that corresponds to the particular part of the map that is shown. I just want to be able to scroll down through each button and have not only the text to highlight (which I know how to do), but also the corresponding section of the map to highlight with it. So far I ran into problems with buttons overlapping, so too many buttons were highlighted when scrolling through buttons and I couldn't isolate the correct pair of text and map image to highlight. Can this be done correctly for DVD, or is this seen only with flash websites (where I've seen this before)?

Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

David Garrett
Re: Button highlighting
on Nov 9, 2005 at 2:37:13 am

it can be done by cheating..... You need to create mutliple copies of the menu with different parts of the map already coloured in using Photoshop, and then you can use the "auto activate" function of Encore so that when the viewer scrolls thru the menu the auto activate will kick in and show the corresponding menu..it's kinda like an illusion....of sorts

Return to posts index

Nomar Knows
Re: Button highlighting
on Nov 23, 2005 at 1:08:53 am

Thanks. I did and it was really complex with the navigation and all but it was a success. I did the auto-activate to play the colored menu for 2 seconds and then it end jumped back to the previous menu. Very complicated at times, but with good organization with folders, it became easier.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]