FORUMS: list search recent posts

message for Joe Bowden

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Garrett
message for Joe Bowden
on Nov 8, 2005 at 7:07:26 pm

Hiya Joe,

would you be the one and the same "Joe Bowden" who's name appears on the splash screen of Adobe Encore?

Just wondering, as I have discovered something in Encore that I can't make any sense of, it's kinda hard to explain here, what I will do is to record what is happening onscreen and then up the video file to the web (or via email) for you to download and muse over. It's had me wracking my brains all day here, I must admit that I discovered the problem by accident and I am not sure if it is a major flaw or if it's what Encore is supposed to do.

If you are a member of Adobe systems then I Look forward to your earliest reply.If not then please disregard this message. ;-)

Regards

Dave

Return to posts index

David Garrett
Re: message for Joe Bowden
on Nov 8, 2005 at 10:19:10 pm

Hi again,

Think I have sussed out what is happening with the so called problem i was having. I have posted a link here for the screen recording @ wrigleyvideo forums in the Encore DVD section of that forum.

just can't seem to add a link to the wrigley forums at all on here

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Nov 8, 2005 at 10:39:29 pm

That is me. What was the problem?

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Nov 8, 2005 at 10:53:45 pm

OK, saw the film. ;)

It looks like the rendered motion menu is not getting dirtied (marked for re-rendering) when you relink the buttons to themselves. If you try this in a new project, does it happen?

BTW, the link behavior in Preview is correct...since you linked each button to itself, when you click one it should return to the menu.

Another tip: if you reposition a button, does it force you to re-render the motion menu?

-Joe

Return to posts index

David Garrett
on Nov 8, 2005 at 11:13:53 pm

Hi Joe,

I linked the VIDEO BUTTONS to the MENU and not back to themselves. I have done another screen recording of a similiar menu, and things are way weird with it.. have upped the link over @ wrigleys once again..I just don't understand what is going on at all now....LOL

Thanks for taking the time to reply ;-)

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Nov 9, 2005 at 1:31:37 am

Hi David,

Essentially the same thing. Here's what's happening: when you link a video thumbnail button to the menu, it grabs a frame from the menu and puts it into the thumbnail layer (%). This happens whenever you link a video thumbnail button to a timeline or menu. In the case of the menu, when you link a video thumbnail button, you will get something like what you are seeing. This is correct behavior. Does that make sense to you? If not, ask away, and I will try again.

Now here's the part that confuses me: normally, the simple act of relinking a rendered motion menu would cause it to need to be re-rendered, so I'm stumped as to why your motion menus continue to play in Preview mode...it should not.

So if you go to the menu showing this behavior now, and adjust a button's position, does the menu still preview rendered (e.g. motion video plays back)? If so, I would very much like to know how you got this trick to happen. Can you make it happen in a new project? If so, what are the steps to make it happen, starting at the beginning? Formatted like so:

1. Create a new project
2. Import a menu
3. Go to the Properties palette and link button 1 to timeline 1 with the pickwhip
4. Etc., etc

Thanks,
Joe

Return to posts index

David Garrett
on Nov 9, 2005 at 1:44:41 am

Hi Joe,

Been @ this little problem for nearly 10 hours now, I will start another project and see what happens, If you like I will even record all the screen activity and send the video file off to you or off to tech support @ Adobe (if the project works out the same way).

All this happened more by accident than by design, email addy is doogiemanuk@yahoo.co.uk if you would like to mail me.

oooooohhh me head is done in ;-)

Return to posts index

David Garrett
on Nov 9, 2005 at 2:50:00 am

have done a new project and recorded what i was doing onscreen, the file is 11.5MB zipped, will get it off to you if you like, just email me and will send, hope this proves a bit more useful to you.

Dave

Return to posts index

David Garrett
on Nov 9, 2005 at 3:25:48 am

UPDATE...

My tired old eyes and brain has just spotted something in the menu, after i have RENDERED the menu with the video thumbnails and then I change the links for the said buttons from the timelines to the MENU and then I move the buttons to a new location on the menu and go to preview, it is the MENU with the buttons in their old positions i am looking at, and not the menu with the buttons in their new locations...

hope this clears up the problem..... at last...

gotta get a life.... ;-)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]