FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problems with dvd remote buttons

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bruce David Janu
Problems with dvd remote buttons
on Nov 8, 2005 at 3:19:33 am

Hi all,

I have a general question. I just completed a project with a title menu and and several menus for scene selection. When a scene is selected from one of the scene selection menus, I cannot activate the "return" button on the remote. And when the menu button is pressed, the dvd goes back to the main title menu, not the scene selection menu.

How can I get the program to go back to the scene selection menu from which the scene was first selected?

And is there a way to get the "Return" function on the remote to activate?

Thank you very much.

Bruce David Janu

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: Problems with dvd remote buttons
on Nov 8, 2005 at 3:09:47 pm

Sorry, Encore does not support the Return command...nor do many DVD players. It's purpose is to navigate hierarchies of menus (menu to parent menu), much like a browser Back button.

If you are in a timeline, use the Return to Last Menu link command in the Menu Remote property of the timeline to return to your last menu. If you are in a menu, you should add a button that links to the menu you want users to return to.

-Joe

Return to posts index

joeythedog
Re: Problems with dvd remote buttons
on Nov 8, 2005 at 6:05:53 pm

Once you return to the last menu you can put in a button called resume that will take you back to the spot in the movie; the spot you were at when you left to go to menus.

For more information type keyword resume in encore help. I have just started using encore and it took me about 3 hours to solve this problem.

Also, make your return to movie button number 1. So it is highlighted.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]