FORUMS: list search recent posts

Photos as static frames

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
joeythedog
Photos as static frames
on Oct 31, 2005 at 7:58:45 pm

I basically have a movie of animated stills from After effects. In the features menu section I would like the viewer to be able to bring up any still he selects and it will remain on the screen as a static image, just sit there. Until a certain time passes or he goes back to the features menu.

Any suggestions on this? Poster frame from movie?

Thanks for your help.

Return to posts index

Timothy Kurkoski
Re: Photos as static frames
on Nov 1, 2005 at 6:39:32 pm

If what you're asking is "how to allow the viewer to view one of the still images used in the animation, but not animated", there's a couple of solutions.

For both, you need to import the still image file as an asset into Encore.

1. Make a menu that shows only the still image. If you want the menu to only last a certain amount of time, uncheck "Hold Forever", input a duration and set the end action to go back to the feature menu (or wherever else you want it to go). You can add a button for them to jump to a menu manually, make it invisible if you want (edit the menu in Photoshop and turn off the visibility switch for all the layers in the layer set, but not the layer set itself). Or just rely on the user to press the Title Menu button on the remote, and make sure to set that value in the Project properties.

2. Put the still in a timeline. Slightly easier to set up, really. I probably should have put this first.

Return to posts index

joeythedog
Re: Photos as static frames
on Nov 1, 2005 at 11:39:12 pm

Thanks,

I have made menus.

My first time with encore and that is what I came up with. One nice things about menus- added capabilities for adding and changing graphics and routing buttons.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]