FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problems with "next" button....

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kendell
Problems with "next" button....
on Oct 24, 2005 at 9:02:08 pm

I'm having the some problems when I push the "next" button on my remote control after I burn my DVD. I'm making a wedding video with 4 buttons for individual video clips and then a play all button. The clips are short enough that I left out any chapter divisions. I thought I would try pushing the "next" button on my remote control just to see what would happen. It seemed like it randomly selected a different video clip but after reading some of the other posts on this forum I'm assuming it just went in the order that I imported the clips. I would prefer to have nothing happen when the "next" button is selected. Anyone know how to do this?

Return to posts index

David Garrett
Re: Problems with "next" button....
on Oct 25, 2005 at 8:26:13 am

single click on a timeline so that it is highlighted, now look over to the "PROPERTIES" dialog box and click on "operations-SET....All permitted" button. click on this and then select "CUSTOM" in the "Permitted User Operations". Now just untick the operations that you don't want the DVD remote to perform, and then click "OK"..

Hope this helps

Return to posts index

Jorge Pessinis
on Oct 25, 2005 at 7:26:22 pm

I have the same problem as Kendell when I built a DVD with Adobe Encore DVD 1.01. I want to use the Skip button in the DVD Player Remote Control to go to the next clip but when I try to do that, the same things happens. According to David Garrett reply, I tried to followed his instructions but I could

Return to posts index

Matt Dubber
on Oct 25, 2005 at 7:57:08 pm

I ususally add a chapter point at the very end of the timeline (or as close as it will let you). That way when someone presses 'NEXT' it goes to the end of the timeline and then continues on to what it is supposed to do. Without that chapter point, you are at the mercy of every DVD player because they all respond differently. Sounds like yours just goes on to the next video element on the DVD disc....whatever it may be. Try the chapter point trick, it should solve the problem and users can still skip the segment if they want to instead of disableing the button.

-Matt

Return to posts index

Jorge Pessinis
on Oct 27, 2005 at 10:34:03 am

Thanks you very much Matt. I

Return to posts index

Matt Dubber
on Oct 27, 2005 at 3:12:26 pm

I'm sure you'll notice that many commercial DVDs operate the same way with the chapter point at the end. However, there are some programs (like Sonic Scenarist Pro) which allow you to map the 'next' and 'previous' buttons to specific timelines. This doesn't always work in my experience becasue some DVD players respond to the 'next' and 'previous' buttons differently. The most consistent results I have ever had came from adding the chapter point to the end of the timeline.

-Matt Lee

Return to posts index

Kendell
on Oct 27, 2005 at 8:12:15 pm

Thanks you guys. This has been really helpful. I'll let you know if I have any more problems.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]