FORUMS: list search recent posts

Subtitling error message

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Leo Baker
Subtitling error message
on Oct 24, 2005 at 8:16:32 pm

Hello,

I am using Adobe Encore 1.5 with latest update from the Adobe website. If I work with 10 bit Un-compressed 4:2:2 clips from Blackmgaic Extreme codecs, when I add a subtitle and click on the text tab in my preview monitor. I get the following error message.

UNKNOWN ERROR
(OS Error -2147024809)

But if I work with standard Microsoft DV AVI files I can add the subtitle with no problems. Could it be down to the fact I am using an ATI RAGEON X700?

Look forward to hearing from users with the same or similar problem.

Thanks,

LEO BAKER
SYNC FILMS
Web: http://www.syncfilms.com
E-Mail: leo@syncfilms.com

Return to posts index

Timothy Kurkoski
Re: Subtitling error message
on Oct 25, 2005 at 4:45:34 pm

Can't say that I've seen the problem you're having, but I'll try to help anyway...

Yes, it could be your video card, though I doubt it. Are you keeping your drivers up to date?

The problem is more likely with the 10-bit BlackMagic codec. Encore wasn't especially designed to handle anything over an 8-bit MPEG or AVI file. What's happening is that when Encore tries to update the monitor window with the subtitle overlaying on top of the video, something in calculating the 10-bit data is failing.

My recommendation would be for you to transcode your video to MPEG-2 before you import it into Encore. That should bypass the problem entirely, and also get the transcoding step done and out of the way.

Return to posts index

Leo Baker
Re: Subtitling error message
on Oct 25, 2005 at 7:11:19 pm

Hello Timothy,

I now get the problem on all clips such as DV, MPEG 2, but if I connect via Remote desktop from my Laptop on Windows XP PRO and take control of the edit suite I can add subtitles and I have no problems what so ever, I can add subtitles to my Blackmagic files, and DV files with no problems at all.

So I presume it's my ATI X700 graphics card as gets bypassed when I connect remote via my laptop to edit suite and this works fine then. I installed just the ATI display drivers form the CD the card came with as if I install the latest software for ATI Radeon series from there website I get blocky and broken text from Adobe after Effects, Premiere Pro.

I will try and buy a Nvidia graphics cars as suggested on the Blackmagic website, but looking for one which will work with Encore, After Effects, Premiere Pro.

Any suggestions which would work well and very low cost?

Many thanks,

LEO BAKER
SYNC FILMS
Web: http://www.syncfilms.com
E-Mail: leo@syncfilms.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]