FORUMS: list search recent posts

I cannot preview timeline in monitor

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Movie Maker
I cannot preview timeline in monitor
on Oct 23, 2005 at 3:06:19 pm

When I slide the indicator on the timeline, the monitor flickers but stays on the frame it started at. When I play in the monitor, the movie picks up from where the timelines current position. This is a pain for chapter marks as I have to guess where to drag the timeline then play movie and try to stop in the right place.

I am currently marking chapters using premiere pro but I though you should be able to do it in Encore too!

Premiere Pro works fine with all previews etc.

system setup is:

Asus P4C800e-deluxe mobo
P4 3.2gh (HT enabled)
1gb twinned Corsair ram
Nvidia GeForce 5200 128mb graphics card
36gb 10,000 system drive (Sata)
300gb media drive (sata)

no raid options are set

many thanks for any help

Jimmy

Return to posts index

David Garrett
Re: I cannot preview timeline in monitor
on Oct 23, 2005 at 6:18:09 pm

have you tried using the ZOOM IN SLIDER tool that is to the bottom left of the timeline.. this way you can zoom in and then you can scrub the timeline more Accurately.

Return to posts index

Movie Maker
on Oct 23, 2005 at 7:28:32 pm

Thanks for your reply, I have tried zooming in and out and neither will allow me to view timeline in monitor.

thanks anyway
Jimmy

Return to posts index

David Garrett
on Oct 23, 2005 at 7:46:38 pm

strange.... I tested it all before I posted my reply and it worked with no probs at all here on my system... I am using Encore Version 1.5... what version are you using... could be a problem that an update may fix.

Return to posts index

Movie Maker
on Oct 23, 2005 at 8:01:19 pm

Thanks for testing,

I have installed the 1.5.1 update which is the latest.

I have uninstalled the software and reinstalled it. Tried it first without the update and then after updating. Tried a new project in case the one I was working on was corrupted and still no joy. I know my system is capable of doing the task as it works fine in Premiere Pro.

Cannot find anything from Adobe either!

I am using PAL settings (if it makes any difference, I know it shouldnt!) I cannot show safe area either (dont know if its connected or not)

thanks

Jimmy

Return to posts index

David Garrett
on Oct 23, 2005 at 8:06:40 pm

I have just checked out the Adobe forums... some folks have cured the problem by either updating the video card drivers, turning down hardware acceleration or running the DirectX Diagnostic Tool and disable DIRECT3D (under the Display 1 tab)(though this can cause probs if you are going to be using subtitles in your project), this works for some people....

Return to posts index

Movie Maker
on Oct 23, 2005 at 9:05:55 pm

Mmmm.. thanks for checking Adobe forums, I couldnt find anything there, what search string did you use?

I have also found that although Encore recognises I have a Sony DV camera attatched, it will not send to with in video out, I have read that Encore sends signal through a breakout box and not 1394 cable, is that the case.

The monitor I have referred to in previous posts was not an external monitor but the monitor on screen. I have turned down the hardware acceleration and I can now preview in monitor on screen. A message comes up which says there may be issues with subtitles but it is only in preview mode and should burn to disc ok.

I am very grateful for you help, you have cleared up two issues that I have been having headaches over for nearly 2 weeks now!

thanks again and good luck in all you do
Jimmy

Return to posts index

David Garrett
on Oct 23, 2005 at 9:14:05 pm

the search string I used was "monitor" or "timeline", and that is what found the hits.
Think Encore sends the signal out through 1394, although i haven't tried it personally.

Glad the issues you had have been sorted.... hope you continue to have fun with Encore without to many more headaches, as there is nothing worse to spoil the enjoyment of what is otherwise a great DVD authoring application.
And if you are needing any video tutorials for Encore then please feel free to visit my site http://www.sitesled.com/members/doogs/downloads.htm , there is plenty there to keep you busy.

regards

Dave

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]