FORUMS: list search recent posts

How can I use a still image in the chapter menus?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Movie Maker
How can I use a still image in the chapter menus?
on Oct 23, 2005 at 2:55:09 pm

I am using a preset menu and was able to drag the chapter points from the timeline to the menu which scaled the image and put it behind the frame. How can I do this with a frame capture? When I move the still to the menu, it fills the screen! I then have to rescale it to fit and change the layer sequence to fit behind the frame, surely there is an easier way to do this.

What I am trying to achieve is show an image on the chapter menu which is within the chapter, but to start the chapter at the chapter marker.

any help would be apreciated.

many thanks
Jimmy

Return to posts index

David Garrett
Re: How can I use a still image in the chapter menus?
on Oct 23, 2005 at 6:25:06 pm

Do you have many stills on the one timeline?? or are the still(s) on seperate timelines.... if they are seperate then just drag and drop the "STILL" timeline from the project window and drop it on the menu...

Or if the "STILL" is part of a VIDEO TIMELINE, then just scrub this timeline until you locate the still you want to use, now add a new "CHAPTER MARKER" at this point and then afterwards RIGHT CLICK on the timeline and select "SET POSTER FRAME" and now drag this newly created chapter up to your menu..

hope this helps..

Return to posts index

Movie Maker
Re: How can I use a still image in the chapter menus?
on Oct 23, 2005 at 7:27:14 pm

This is so easy, thank you so much for the advice, it will save me hours! I had imported some stills to the project window but did not create a timeline for it. Tried both your suggestions and both are spot on, still cannot view timeline in monitor no matter how much I zoom in or out.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]