FORUMS: list search recent posts

Help with Subtitles needed

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Sharon
Help with Subtitles needed
on Oct 21, 2005 at 11:25:39 pm

I would really appreciate if someone can help me with the following problem:
I have produced a DVD with subtitles, it plays fine on my player, but people that I sent it to, say that they can't see any subtitles on it. Could anyone tell me what might be a problem?
Thank you.
Eric.

Return to posts index

Matt Dubber
Re: Help with Subtitles needed
on Oct 22, 2005 at 5:40:27 am

This may be a silly question, but can the user turn on the subtitles via the remote? If so, you probably don't have the subtitles set to be 'on' by default in Encore. If this isn't the case, then it COULD be possible that the language set in Encore for the subtitles doesn't match what the DVD player is set to...possibly?

-Matt

Return to posts index

Eric Sharon
on Oct 22, 2005 at 7:18:19 am

Matt,
Thanks for your reply, how do you set it so it's "on" by default? The programm is in Russian and has English subtitles.
Eric.

Return to posts index

Matt Dubber
on Oct 22, 2005 at 7:42:38 am

If you have a menu with a button that plays the specific timeline, instead of linking to the timeline you should set your 'link' in the 'properties' tab to 'specify other'. Here you can tell it to jump to a timeline and set the subtitle to a specific number...probably 1 if you only have one subtitle track. If you don't have a menu with a button, you could create a blank timeline with the end jump linking to the appropriate timeline 'specify other'. (I haven't tired this blank timeline method before)

-Matt

Return to posts index

Eric Sharon
Thank you
on Oct 23, 2005 at 5:27:44 am

Matt,
Thank you for your help, I think I fixed it.
Eric.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]