FORUMS: list search recent posts

WHY IS THIS SUBJECT TABOO

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joshua Weiss
WHY IS THIS SUBJECT TABOO
on Oct 20, 2005 at 3:32:59 pm

I have asked about this problem on numerous occaisions and have never once got even so much as one reply. When I go and search all posts EVER, apparently not a single person who has asked about my same problem has ever received a response. If nobody knows including the forum hosts, then please at least somebody write and tell me so I can quit wasting my time on this forum.

I have an error message come up saying, "OUT OF MEMORY" every time I try to burn a project of any size that has motion menus in it. Once I disable the animated menu tabs, it burns fine every time. This happens whether it is a 1 GB DVD or a 4.5 GB DVD. I have plenty of memory on my system I believe. What is the remedy for this.

Josh

PS Please don't be offended by my frustration but I have asked numerous times and have had no help. I have loved this forum and suggested it to numerous other media friends that I have.

Return to posts index

Timothy Kurkoski
Re: WHY IS THIS SUBJECT TABOO
on Oct 20, 2005 at 4:25:57 pm

Since we're all volunteers here, Josh, if we don't know the answer or even have any clue as to what to tell you, we're not likely to respond.

Have you posted your problem on the forums at Adobe's web site? I don't know what the community is like on the Encore forum specifically, but for their other products the community is often quite helpful. Also, have you checked Adobe's knowledgebase?

All that being said... when you say "plenty of memory", how much is plenty? Always be specific when talking about your hardware. One man's "plenty" often ends up being another man's "What, are you crazy? I wouldn't lie to my mother for that much!"

Have you shut down all (all) unnecessary tasks? Anti-virus, system utilities, chat programs, network connection, scanners, etc. There's a general troubleshooting document about this sort of thing on Adobe's web site, that should be a good starting place for you.

Return to posts index

Steve Freebairn
Re: WHY IS THIS SUBJECT TABOO
on Oct 20, 2005 at 5:16:08 pm

I don't know what memory you are referring to, but by chance, are your motion menus larger than 1 gb. I'm pretty sure that that is the limit. Although, I've never heard of anyone running into that limit. Tim's right, I'd think that you had at least 2gigs of ram when you say that you have "plenty"

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]