FORUMS: list search recent posts

forced subtitles on Encore

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
yucel ybrpro
forced subtitles on Encore
on Oct 16, 2005 at 7:01:21 pm

If Adobe wants to go for more pro. users they have to develop. Belive me that I am moving to Apple DVD Studio pro . ( I know that Adobe care about it:))) )

For 1 year we have created nearlly 70 commertial DVD 's . Now my client ask me why I don't add any Forced Subtitles to the movies . But I know that We can not by using Encore .

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: forced subtitles on Encore
on Oct 16, 2005 at 11:06:59 pm

What you know is incorrect...Encore has been able to force subtitles since version 1.0.

You specify this in Disc Properties, in the Set Subtitles field.

Return to posts index

yucel ybrpro
on Oct 17, 2005 at 7:44:21 am

Dear Joe , It is not waht I mean . For example , there is an English film and there is a man reading newspaper , I have to put a subtitle for the newspaper and also there is an other subtitle channel for the dailogs . What can I do for it.

YBR Pro
Digital Content Provider

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Oct 17, 2005 at 1:36:28 pm

Do you mean you want to force a subtitle for a particular chapter, then off again?

Return to posts index

Steve Freebairn
on Oct 17, 2005 at 6:20:55 pm

Well, normally that would be done using something like Premiere and it would be in the video. If you want to force only one section to have a subtitle you could very easily create multiple timelines and then when it links to the timeline that needs subtitles then make it link to the subtitle track and not the unsubtitled track.

Return to posts index

yucel ybrpro
on Oct 17, 2005 at 7:11:30 pm

On some DVD 's that I examine like multilingual ones. The subtitles come a cross when need before the subtitle came on , there is a camera sign appeared by the DVD player. This is what I want actually. This is forcing subtitles. I will try it tomorrow.

Steve , we sometimes use your method but it is not an healthy way for it.

YBR Pro
Digital Content Provider

Return to posts index

Steve Freebairn
on Oct 17, 2005 at 8:33:25 pm

Ok, here is one way to fake the force :) If you make a subtitle track with the "newspaper text" be subtitle track 1, then track 2 should be the "newspaper text" and the rest of the subtitles for that language. Track 3 would be the "newspaper text" in language 2 and track 4 would be the "Newspaper text" with the rest of the subtitles for that language. Then link your subtitle options so that if they select "NO Subtitles" it does track 1. IF they want "Language 1" then it selects track 2. If they want No subtitles but Spanish audio then it goes to track 3. If they want Spanish Audio with Spanish subtitles then it goes to track 4. Then just highlight all of your timelines and disable the option to change subtitle tracks during the timelines. A little complicated, but it will work for sure.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]