FORUMS: list search recent posts

inability to render motion menus

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jimmy D
inability to render motion menus
on Oct 13, 2005 at 9:53:15 pm

I am trying to render a menu containing 4 video thumbnail buttons with an audio wav file playing added as audio file in the menu properties. The problem is that Encore fails to render the menu. It stays stuck for ever. I tried with no audio and it worked while an other menu same like this failed with or without sound. The menu I am using is one from the Encore library slightly changed (two buttons added, not video thumbnail buttons). The videos I have linked with each video thumbnail button, each in a separate timeline, are mpg files from my Sony 403E dvd camcorder. Does anyone have any idea why it fails?

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: inability to render motion menus
on Oct 13, 2005 at 10:38:20 pm

I believe it might be because DVD camcorders write video and audio in a VOB format. Did you rename the file extension to MPG? If you strip the video and audio streams out and import those, does it work?

Return to posts index

Jimmy D
on Oct 14, 2005 at 8:19:41 am

Actually, I didn't rename the vob files; I translated them to mpg using a utility. In other words, I un-multiplex them in order to edit them properly in Adobe Premier 1.5 cause I had playback problems with the vobs files renamed. When you say strip the vob files you mean to place video and audio streams in a timeline separately? I'll give it a try and let you know.

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Oct 14, 2005 at 3:03:30 pm

Let us know if that works for you.

Return to posts index

Jimmy D
on Oct 15, 2005 at 12:24:28 pm

Suddenly, before trying anything, it worked and still can't figure out what made it work... Maybe something with my system. Thanks anyway for your support.
Jim

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]