FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD Playback problems

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
JasonClemens
DVD Playback problems
on Oct 12, 2005 at 7:48:34 pm

Ok, first time poster, but have spent hours reading the forums today.

Trying to burn out a Wedding DVD that I created in Avid.

Exported as QT Ref's. Encoded most of them in Encore. Did some in Sorenson as I needed more control over the bitrate to get the DVD to the size I needed.

Anyways, when playing back the DVD I am getting jittery, freezing, pixellated, crappy images on 2 of the 7 clips. The menu's play fine and everything, just 2 of the clips are having problems. I've tried having Encore encode them AND Sorenson encode them. Seems fine on the computer, no problems on PC playback, but big problems on the Set top player. The 2 sections in question are BOTH under 7MB. I do notice when playing back on the computer in Encore that there are some lines/minor interlacing issues on the screen during some of these errors.

Also, some of the timelines that play fine in Encore are 9MB, but there are NO issues with these.

After doing some reading, is it a Buffer thing that when it gets done with these 9MB files, it is out of bandwidth for these interlacing problems, so it causes the playback problems?

I just don't see how the other clips could cause problems for those 2.

I know this post seems like a jumbled mess, and I apologize. If there are confusions or questions, let me know. I'd like to get this fricking project out of sight. Been a big headache.

Am using Verbatim DVD-R, burned at 2x, using Encore 1.5.1. Burned in Encore and also Nero through the DVD Folder option. Same issues either way.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Jason Clemens

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]