FORUMS: list search recent posts

ENCODING

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
willie toth
ENCODING
on Oct 12, 2005 at 2:45:24 pm

I would like to know what is the the best setting to encode at ... My shows run between 27 and 29 min ... I have been using 2 pass 7mb VBR ... Thanks ... WILLIE

Return to posts index

Hector
Re: ENCODING
on Oct 12, 2005 at 4:10:06 pm

I'm not an expert but I think if you select "automatic transcoding" the program chosse the optimal encoding setting to full-fill the disc.
(project>properties palette or expand project window to see the encoding setting)

Return to posts index

willie toth
on Oct 12, 2005 at 4:16:13 pm

Hector,

Thanks I know that, however one of the stations that broadcast my program has old equipment and I have ran into problems with the playback ...

Return to posts index

Hector
on Oct 12, 2005 at 4:54:41 pm

Check my new post. Me too having problems with the playback. Maybe we can find out what causing this problems. I'm now burning another disc at 4mb 2 pass. Will let you know later what happen after this. But because your have a shorter prog. you can burn a 7mb maybe variable rate.
Could a new DVD player work with the broadcast station? What kind of play problems?

Return to posts index

willie toth
on Oct 12, 2005 at 5:18:04 pm

Hector,

I don't burn out of Encore, what I do is write it as an Encore Image file and once that is done I right click on the file and change the file extension to a .iso, I then burn using Roxio ... I was having so much trouble with burning out of Encore that when I heard someone on the forum talking about doing it this way I jumped on it ... You might want to give it a try ... When dealing with public access you get what you pay for and this station doesn't even require a membership for your productions to be played ... I do have a weekly spot and after 8 years of doing nothing but audio the video thing has been a nice change ......... WILLIE

Return to posts index

Mike Cohen
on Oct 13, 2005 at 3:19:01 pm

I never encode higher than 6 mb. Yes, definitely don't let Encore auto encode. I always encode out of Premiere, that way you know how much space on a DVD you will take up.

Return to posts index

willie toth
on Oct 13, 2005 at 3:33:53 pm

Mike,

Thanks for your input I will try it and see if it makes a differnce ... I agree with you about encoding out of Pre Pro ... W

Return to posts index

yucel ybrpro
on Oct 16, 2005 at 8:33:08 pm

Dear Willie

Most TV stations broadcast on DVB format in europe. When we deliver any media to broadcasters , mostly encode on Mainconcept Pro with 6 mbps on constant value and progressive field. DVB is an mpeg format using Main Profile (@MM) nearlly 4 mbps .
The result is perfect. No complians from broadcasters

YBR Pro
Digital Content Provider

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]