FORUMS: list search recent posts

Encore locks up when I try to open Encore project!

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Spiro
Encore locks up when I try to open Encore project!
on Oct 8, 2005 at 5:09:39 pm

This has happened three times now. I create a new project in Encore, add a menu and AVI files, create a timeline, etc. I then save the file. I come back to it the next day and mess around with it some more. Then I save it again. Then I come back to it again, but this time it won't open - Encore seems to lock up on me. I can open Encore itself, but when I try to open this particular file it locks up. It freezes. And I end up having to do the Ctrl-Alt-Delete dance.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Encore twice already. But like I said, Encore itself seems to be fine. It's the file that's messed up. I've had to start over from scratch on this particular project THREE times already. Just yesterday it froze up again. So I'm at a complete loss.

Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Timothy Kurkoski
Re: Encore locks up when I try to open Encore project!
on Oct 10, 2005 at 4:36:04 pm

Couple of starter questions:

- Where are your media files located? On an internal drive, or external or network drive of some sort?

- What codec are the AVI files that you are using?

Return to posts index

Spiro
on Oct 10, 2005 at 6:44:58 pm

The Encore file, Photoshop menu, and AVI's are on my internal G: drive. The Encore software itself is on my main C: drive.

Codec? I really don't remember. I exported them as AVI files from Premiere Pro 1.5. Does that help?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Timothy Kurkoski
on Oct 11, 2005 at 4:53:58 pm

Unless you changed the settings, it sounds like you just used DV-AVI settings from Premiere Pro, which is fine.

Is it just this one project that you're having trouble with? It very likely could be one of the source files or menus you're using.

Best way to figure it out is process of elimination. Start a new project, and import one file. Save project, close Encore, reopen, and open the project. If it opens, good, move on to the next file and repeat until you get the problem. The last file you add will be the source of the problem, and you should recreate it (re-export it from Premiere or re-save from Photoshop). If no files appear to cause the problem, start rebuilding the project (timelines, menus, etc.) in small steps, and close and reopen Encore in between.

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Oct 11, 2005 at 8:01:21 pm

Is/was there a rendered motion menu in the project?

Return to posts index

Spiro
on Oct 11, 2005 at 9:03:34 pm

Nope - no motion menu. For the menu I actually altered one of the PSD menu examples that came with the Encore 1.0 CD. Could that be the problem???

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Oct 13, 2005 at 3:05:33 am

No, that shouldn't be an issue.

Encore 1.0.1 did have a problem with rendered motion menu projects if they weren't built to DVD, though.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]