FORUMS: list search recent posts

Encore 1.0 and preview screen

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
point&shoot
Encore 1.0 and preview screen
on Oct 7, 2005 at 2:14:21 pm

Hello all. Just started playing around with version 1.0 I am trying to make a project with motion background (an imported avi file) and music background (imported wav). When I go to preview this I can hear the music from my speakers but I don't get the preview screen, where you can click through the dvd and test things out. Do I have to render motion menus first? I thought i did one where I didn't render the menu and it previewed anyway. Another question is how to I use a preproduced template and add video to it. Let me try to explain a little better. I download a menu template that already has a play button in it. The manual says to just drag video file from bin to button, making sure to relaease mouse while over button. When I do this, it still creates a new button. This would be okay, if I can make the original play button (in the template) control the new movie. Confused? As you can see fromn this post, so am I. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Timothy Kurkoski
Re: Encore 1.0 and preview screen
on Oct 7, 2005 at 3:21:21 pm

Yes, you have to render the motion menus.

When you are dragging your video file over the Play button, does the bounding box of the Play button appear? It still sounds like you aren't dragging exactly on top of the button.

Regardless, you can always link the button the manual way. Select the button in the menu, then in the Properties window click the pickwhip for the Link property and drag it to the timeline for your video.

Return to posts index

point&shoot
Re: Encore 1.0 and preview screen
on Oct 7, 2005 at 6:55:27 pm

Thanks. i thought i was dragging on top, but I must not have been. Computers never lie!! Thanks again.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]