FORUMS: list search recent posts

Timeline question

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Burns
Timeline question
on Oct 7, 2005 at 1:36:26 pm

I could not get this feature to work in Encore, so I used DVD Studio Pro instead.

In DVDSP, I put all of my assets on one timeline (videos and stills) and put chapter points where each asset started. So when I hit the skip button on the remote I went to the next asset.

Encore forces me to make timelines for each asset. Thus not allowing me to create chapter points to forward to the next asset when I hit the skip button on the menu. Is there a way for me to do this in Encore v1.1?

Thanks
Michael Burns

Return to posts index

Timothy Kurkoski
Re: Timeline question
on Oct 7, 2005 at 3:14:44 pm

Encore doesn't allow you to put multiple assets in the same timeline, unless they are all stills.

Remember that Encore is still a 1.x version, so it's got a long ways to catch up with other programs. But I still think it's pretty good for what it does. You can submit a feature request to Adobe if there's something you'd like to see in future versions:
http://www.adobe.com/support/feature.html

You can get around the problem of having to deal with multiple timelines by putting a chapter point at about 1 sec. before the end of each timeline. When the user presses the "next chapter" button, it will jump to that, and after a short delay the next timeline will start. Not the most elegant solution, but it works.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]