FORUMS: list search recent posts

not enough memory for encode

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
cdavis
not enough memory for encode
on Oct 3, 2005 at 9:43:59 pm

when i attempt to burn a DVD, just before the encoding process begins, the computer errors out and says there is not enough memory on the drive to complete the task (the program is not recognizing all the space available on my hard drive, so it thinks there is 0MB available. thats right nothing. so it stops and cannot move on). im more than 100% sure i have enough space, but i dont know how to remedy the problem. if anyone has any suggestions...they are all appreciated.

thanks,
craig d.

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: not enough memory for encode
on Oct 3, 2005 at 10:50:49 pm

Do you get an error message? If so, what's the exact message?

How much drive space have you got? And what's your drive formatted as? FAT32 or NTFS? Finally, what's the size of your drive?

Return to posts index

cdavis
on Oct 4, 2005 at 2:11:02 pm

my error meassage is:

transcoding could not start because there is not enough disk space available. 0 is available on S:, 69.57 MB is required. Please free up some disk space and try again.

the drive is formatted as NTFS and has a capacity of 1.09 TB. i have 1.05 TB free. so there is plenty of space. it seems as though the program does not recognize the drive properly because it says there is 0 MB available. thanks for your help, it is appreciated...

craig d.

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Oct 4, 2005 at 7:48:22 pm

It's the terabyte drive, unfortunately.

If you can partition it, or save to another local volume less than a terabyte in size, you should be able to proceed without any further problems.

-Joe

Return to posts index

cdavis
on Oct 4, 2005 at 8:31:20 pm

thats it. that fixes the problem, but for general knowledge what inhibits the program for recognizing the terabyte drive. is it to much? i really appreciate your help partner...off into the sunset i go.

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Oct 4, 2005 at 8:39:38 pm

The Sonic codebase that Encore uses does not support terabyte volumes. This may very likely change in the future, but that is the situation as it is right now.

Return to posts index

cdavis
on Oct 5, 2005 at 1:52:53 pm

thank you for your knowledge and expertise. i started using another drive and it works fine. peace and hair grease.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]