FORUMS: list search recent posts

can you make buttons a shape besides a square

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dustin
can you make buttons a shape besides a square
on Sep 29, 2005 at 8:17:50 pm

I am making a dvd menu that has circular navigation, a circle is divided into 6 slices, each slice being a button, and I'm trying to make the buttons/highlights be the slice shape rather than a square shape. I have my highlight created, but encore wants my buttons to be square so when I have more than one button, the highlights are acting wierd. Below is a link to what I would like the highlight to be, if anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate greatly.

http://img131.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dvdmenubutton9ih.jpg

Return to posts index

Dustin
Re: can you make buttons a shape besides a square
on Sep 29, 2005 at 8:19:31 pm

I am trying to post the picture for you guys to see, I don't know how to use the "add image tag" with javascript, so im trying to use imageshack, which also doesnt seem to be working... try this link...

http://img131.imageshack.us/img131/4928/dvdmenubutton9ih.jpg

Return to posts index

Dustin
on Sep 29, 2005 at 8:21:02 pm

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Sep 29, 2005 at 10:14:45 pm

What you are trying to do is not possible in the DVD0-Video format. Button hit areas are always rectangles.

It is possible to have button highlights which are not square, but in the design you have illustrated, there will be overlapping buttons.

That said, you could do this using multiple menus...essentially one selectable button per menu, and use dummy buttons that auto-activate and take the user to the next menu when they navigate.

Return to posts index

kfredericks
on Oct 3, 2005 at 3:06:07 pm

That's a great idea. Though by looking at his menu, I wouldn't be surprised if it were a motion menu, making the navigation very studdery.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]