FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re:

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
davidnagel
Re:
on Sep 29, 2005 at 7:20:29 pm

Great. Want more capacity and I need a new DVD writer to burn the stuff - jeezz that's a bit naff. I've only just bought my new dvd writer.

Right, I'll give the guide a look and see what it comes too.

The DVD includes two episodes both running at around 26 minutes each, then there is the 25 minute special edition, along with roughly 10 minutes worth of bloopers, and menu's shouldn't run longer than a minute overall.

The special edition and the two episodes both feature commentary tracks as well as music-only option tracks.

26+25+10+1... so just around an hour's footage then.

Return to posts index

davidnagel
Re: Re:
on Sep 29, 2005 at 7:21:00 pm

Whoops I meant to put this in the DVD Capacity thread... um... can someone move it there for me? Sorry.

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Sep 29, 2005 at 10:17:29 pm

You should be able to fit an hour of video onto a single layer DVD with no problems.

What format are you importing? AVI or MPEG-2?

Return to posts index

davidnagel
on Sep 30, 2005 at 8:56:15 am

Both! lol.

AVI files that I'm letting Encore transcode.

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Sep 30, 2005 at 12:46:08 pm

Are you letting Encore use the Automatic transcode setting, or did you choose a preset?

If you used Automatic, Encore should find the bit rate that will fit for the chosen disc size. Anything else and you end up having to manually bit budget.

Return to posts index

davidnagel
on Oct 4, 2005 at 4:49:19 pm

Yes previously I had been transcoding the files as soon I import them into Encore... shall I assume it is better to let Encore transcode when all the assets are imported?

If so then might be the problem.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]