FORUMS: list search recent posts

Encore 1.5.1 re-renders motion menus?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
StormDave
Encore 1.5.1 re-renders motion menus?
on Sep 25, 2005 at 3:38:11 am

I've been doing a complex motion menu template so I can use them on weddings (not too many people want to pay for it, but I have a few now). It was all done in After FX....basicly what I did was render all parts in ProCoder to 4600/55002pass VBR so it would take less space with good quality...and I imported them to Encore...everythings fine, but when I want to export the project to a folder to make the VOB's, it re-renders everything with its own codec (mainconcept, which I don't like at all) and the datarate is 8mbps! I didn't agree to that one...

I said ok, let's try it with its own encoder, so I exchanged the mpeg2 files with the original DV files so that I would let Encode just render it once from DV to mpeg2, instead of going from MPEG2 to MPEG2 before. Guess what? If you set a template in Encore and let it's own encoder render to MPEG2 for you, it does it...but what about the motion menus? It RE-RENDERS AGAIN to MPEG2 after transcoding. So basicly the same thing. AND it's at 8mbps again! Never agreed with that either.

Is it me or should I go back to ReelDVD (Pretty complex here to do all this, Encore does it easier with great photoshop/ae integration).

I need help from all you Encore experts. I'd appreciate it.

THANKS GUYS

Return to posts index

David Garrett
Re: Encore 1.5.1 re-renders motion menus?
on Sep 25, 2005 at 7:22:01 am

after you have imported your MPEG motion menu footage, right click on it (within the project window) and then select "TRANSCODE SETTINGS" and then select "DON'T TRANSCODE" . Also try doing the same proceedure once the footage is on it's own timeline as well.

see if that helps ;-)

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Sep 25, 2005 at 5:44:43 pm

I think I can help here.

If you are doing ANY compositing in Encore (e.g. adding buttons that have any non-subpicture layers in them), Encore must create a new MPEG file, and therefore re-transcode the the video.

So here are your options:

1. If you don't want Encore to composite your video, do all of your work in AE or PPro (including any button pixels) and then export your MPEG-2 file. Use this as your background, but make sure your buttons contain ONLY subpicture layers (you can do this by turning off layer visibility in Encore's Layers palette, BTW).

2. If you plan on adding buttons with pixels or other layer content in Encore, export an uncompressed AVI from AE or PPro, then add your buttons or other layers in Encore, and Encore will composite the elements into a transcoded MPEG file.

Hope this is helpful,
Joe

Return to posts index

StormDave
on Sep 25, 2005 at 10:34:07 pm

Thanks guys. I think Joe got it. Encore ALWAYS renders it to a 8mbps file. I only want encore to create selection buttons, and that's it. I already have the buttons and everything composited in After FX.

Return to posts index

bfavre4
on Sep 28, 2005 at 2:17:37 am

The 8mbps is one thing I've always hated because it's so high, and could cause compatibility problems. This would be an awesome thing to fix for the next version of Encore, giving the user the option to change the menu bitrate.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]