FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is there any way to prevent the short delay between a menu action and playing a transition video?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
tommmm
Is there any way to prevent the short delay between a menu action and playing a transition video?
on Sep 23, 2005 at 4:53:23 am

I added a transition video that plays once any button is clicked on the main menu. The transition video is basically a remake of the main menu, so it matches in appearance and then the various objects slide off the page. However the time from when a user presses the menu button to the time the transition starts playing there is a short break and cut in the video. How can I set it up to where it's seemless with no visible delay?

Also, like I said my transition video starts out as a remake of the main menu. Problem is on my menu there is a video playing in the background and there's no way I know at what point in the video the user presses a button, so the video in the menu background can never match up to the transition video remake. Is there any way to have video in the main menu and still seamlessly use a transition video? Is there a better way to make the transition video than I described above?

Thanks
Tom

Return to posts index

Dave Friend
Re: Is there any way to prevent the short delay between a menu action and playing a transition video?
on Sep 23, 2005 at 6:21:26 pm

[tommmm] "However the time from when a user presses the menu button to the time the transition starts playing there is a short break and cut in the video. How can I set it up to where it's seemless with no visible delay?"

This delay is because the DVD player has to physically move the laser to a different location on the disc. It's fast but not instantaneous. Encore's preview mode looks worse (longer pause, sometimes a 'blink' in the video output) than an actual disc in a DVD player will.

[tommmm] "Is there any way to have video in the main menu and still seamlessly use a transition video?

Sorry, but no.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]