FORUMS: list search recent posts

Premiere porblems when importing video for menu backgrounds

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
TyMan4325
Premiere porblems when importing video for menu backgrounds
on Sep 23, 2005 at 3:59:26 am

Hey guys. Ok I made some animations that include stuff like transitions in After Effects. Tried to import them into encore but they weren't seamless. it seemed that my after effects footage was bigger than the menu in encore even though both were created with the same resolutions and same original .psd file. So I imported my after effects clips into premiere and it seems now that they are the same size as my menu but there is a big black box around everything. I changed the aspect ratio of my menus to 16:9 and it helps a little but not a whole lot. Is there any way to change menus to fit the whole screen?

Return to posts index

kfredericks
Re: Premiere porblems when importing video for menu backgrounds
on Oct 3, 2005 at 3:19:43 pm

If you made your menus in photoshop, and the pixel aspect ratio was set to SQUARE, when meanwhile your video footage is NOT SQUARE, Encore will compensate by stretching the video to match the menu (or vice versa actually). Reimport your menu with the correct pixel aspect ratio and you'll be fine. One word of warning though. Encore was indeed helping you by treating your photoshop menu the way it was. It distorts the menu so that when viewed on a television screen, it will look proper. Now, if you tell Encore the menu is already in NTSC format, it won't compensate and your menu will look a little stretched. So either you live with it, or redo your menu in photoshop so that it looks the way you want when viewed on a TV screen. There should be more documentation about this, but I haven't found anything in the help menus.

Return to posts index

TyMan4325
Re: Premiere porblems when importing video for menu backgrounds
on Oct 3, 2005 at 4:40:21 pm

Thanks a lot. I was looking everywhere for stuff on why my menus weren't fitting my television screen properly. I will try it and see what happens. You have been a huge help, thanks again.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]