FORUMS: list search recent posts

I'm confused on how to create buttons and subpictures in photoshop and import them into Encore. Can anyone help?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
tommmm
I'm confused on how to create buttons and subpictures in photoshop and import them into Encore. Can anyone help?
on Sep 22, 2005 at 6:10:32 am

I am trying to create three menu buttons in photoshop and import them into Encore. I know encore has the edit in photoshop option, however photoshop is on a different machine than encore. I read my users manual and I am not entirely clear on the correct way to design buttons in photoshop. I read about using the layer title (=1) (=2) etc for different colors, but didn't understand it. My buttons contain an underline graphic and some text which has a stroke border on it. I want the text to be white when not selected and red when highlighted and activated.

So do I create two layers in one photoshop file? If so, what do I name the layers for Encore to recognize them? And what do I need to do in Encore to properly activate them?

Or do I create two seperate PSD images, one with white font and one with red font? And again, what do I then need to do in Encore to activate them?

Thanks
Tom

Return to posts index

David Garrett
Re: I'm confused on how to create buttons and subpictures in photoshop and import them into Encore. Can anyone help?
on Sep 22, 2005 at 7:31:18 am

in photoshop all you need do is to have the (=1)hlg, then in Encore you can edit the menu colour sets that tells Encore what colours you want to use for the HIGHLIGHTED and ACTIVATED states.
If you are still unsure and you have not seen my tut website then please visit http://www.sitesled.com/members/doogs/ there are loads of tuts that will show you how to go about it. You will have to save your menu from photoshop onto a disc or USB flash drive to get the menu onto the Encore based machine

Return to posts index

tommmm
Re: I'm confused on how to create buttons and subpictures in photoshop and import them into Encore. Can anyone help?
on Sep 22, 2005 at 9:12:27 am

Okay, I got it. Is there any way to make the highlight be a different image with the opacity set to zero, so there is no color overlay? For example, so make an arrow appear next to the menu text?

Return to posts index

David Garrett
on Sep 22, 2005 at 11:27:55 am

yes.. use the CUSTOM shape tool in Photoshop and then draw out a white arrow, make this highlight 2
(=2)hlg and then set the colour to white for the SELECTED and ACTIVATED states within the EDIT MENU COLOUR SETS of Encore.
You should get the general idea if you look at more of the tuts on my site..

hope this helps.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]