FORUMS: list search recent posts

How can I create a transparent area within a still image for looping menu video?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
tommmm
How can I create a transparent area within a still image for looping menu video?
on Sep 22, 2005 at 3:52:46 am

I have a still image of a robot holding a blank frame. Within the frame I want to show looping video for my main DVD menu. The robot is in a PSD file with a transparent background. How do I specify just the frame background (which is also transparent) as the designated area for the looping video to play? Can I do this within Encore? Is there anyway I can fill the frame background with a green screen and some how select the green as the area to play the video? What's the best way to accomplish playing the video just within the frame area?

Thanks
Tom

Return to posts index

David Garrett
Re: How can I create a transparent area within a still image for looping menu video?
on Sep 22, 2005 at 4:27:35 am

it is possible to make a video preview button of just the frame that the robot is holding.
please check out Tut#12 in the intermediate section of my website (video preview button)http://www.sitesled.com/members/doogs/downloads.htm this tut will show you how it's done, just modify some aspects of it to use on your .psd file.

I forgot to mention in my tut the reason for seperating the audio/video into seperate streams and then adding the audio to the menu in Encore, this is just a workaround to get by the 15 second loop that Encore allows.

hope this helps.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]