FORUMS: list search recent posts

15 second limit???

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Arie Stavchansky
15 second limit???
on Sep 17, 2005 at 9:26:11 pm

I have one button on my menu that is linked to a timeline that is 2:21 min. I have setup the menu properties for the duration to last 2:00min, and to loop forever. I also checked "Animate Buttons". After I render the motion menu, I preview it, but the button animation loops back at 15 seconds. I'd like the button animation to last for the duration of the actual menu. Why is it looping back at 15 seconds? How can I avoid this?

It's fustrating because I've successfully had buttons animate for longer than 15 seconds in the past. So I opened up those projects that were successful, and re-rendered the motion menus. . .and they don't work anymore. What gives??

Please help.

Thank you,
Arie

Return to posts index

Arie Stavchansky
Re: 15 second limit??? --- ENCORE NEEDS SOME FIXIN'!!!
on Sep 18, 2005 at 2:02:39 am

Okay, after digging through this board for some answers and tinkering with Encore, I think I have the best work around. David Garret suggested to place a silent audio file in the menu that lasts as long as the animated button should be. That, in fact, does work. However, I didn't think that a user should have to place a silent audio file in the menu as a workaround. So after I rendered the motion menu WITH the audio file, I then set the "audio" parameter in the menu to "Nothing", and then the duration of the animated button went longer than 15 seconds. This is a HUGE bug in Encore and the programmers need to be made aware of this ASAP.

Thanks for reading! Now I gotta get some sleep after double clicking a million times.

Arie

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Sep 18, 2005 at 6:48:20 am

It's not a huge bug, and the programmers already know about it.

Return to posts index

Arie Stavchansky
on Sep 18, 2005 at 4:30:15 pm

It's a huge bug when it takes six to seven hours to figure it out. Almost a whole workday gone. They don't even have the workaround on their support site as part of a "known" issues page.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]