FORUMS: list search recent posts

Xerces Panic Error

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Patrick
Xerces Panic Error
on Sep 14, 2005 at 3:32:54 pm

OK. So, I woke up this morning and wanted to burn a DVD. Nothing special, just a viewable archive with the production files included. Anyway, so I click on the Adobe Encore 1.01 icon on my desktop. And wait......finally, I get this error message window. "Could not load a transcoding service." it says, "Xerces Panic Error" it says. What's up with that?

So I try it again.......same thing!!? I don't have time this garbage so I uninstall and reinstall. That should fix it right? But it doesn't. So rather than bust my brain and waste more time, I'm bringing my question to the brain trust here at the COW. Cuz, I'm think'n that if these guys don't have an answer....I'm toast.

Anyway if ya'll have a fix I'd appreciate it a line

Thanks

Return to posts index

Dave Friend
Re: Xerces Panic Error
on Sep 14, 2005 at 8:48:27 pm

Run a virus scan of your computer lately?

Return to posts index

Patrick
on Sep 15, 2005 at 3:08:33 pm

It's a nightly ritual

Return to posts index

David Garrett
on Sep 15, 2005 at 6:00:59 pm

I have just done some "Googling" on the error message that you are seeing, this is what I have come up with..

I ran into this problem last year: Photoimpact wouldn't open. Instead I got an error message saying "Xerces Panic Error - could not load a transcoding device." This has affected some Dreamweaver and Adobe users, too.

I found this solution on another forum, and thought I would share it here.

Apparently, the problem is a corrupted/changed registry key:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT/MIME/Database/Charset

I went to my laptop (running the same OS, Win98SE), exported the registry key to a floppy, then imported it into my desktop's registry. Photoimpact opened fine.

One member said he simply deleted the key, and although the error message still appeared, his program loaded and ran. I wouldn't try that without backing up the registry first.

Hope this helps,
JT

Return to posts index

Patrick
on Sep 15, 2005 at 8:33:42 pm

Thanks David. That's the best lead on the problem I've gotten so far.

Return to posts index

Jim Harvey
on Sep 16, 2005 at 6:05:47 pm

I did some snooping around and found this on one of the related websites;

SIMPLE FIX TO THIS. DO NOT MESS AROUND WITH THE REGISTER FILES UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DELETING. THE BEST WAY TO SOLVE THIS ISSUE IS TO GET A REGISTRY FIXING SOFTWARE. I HIGHLY SUGGEST REGISTRY REPAIR 2005. THE ITEM THAT CORRUPTS THIS FILE IS UNDER THE HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT/MIME/Database/Charset. There are at least 15 of the same files in the registry under this name. I DONT RECOMEND TO DELETE IT MANUALLY. THERE IS NO NEED TO REFORMAT, AND THERE IS NO NEED TO REENSTALL THE APPLICATION

This is evidentally a common problem with a lot of programs. Even if you have to buy a registry repair program, it may be worht it.

Return to posts index

Patrick
on Sep 21, 2005 at 9:21:38 pm

Just to keep everyone up to date. I did an uninstall of Encore, removed all traces of program folders and any leftover files using the Registry Fix 2005 and reinstalled XPSP2. I then reinstalled Encore. Seems to have fixed the problem.

Thanks for all the suggestions

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]