FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need help: DVD menu image rollovers

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dmbartos
Need help: DVD menu image rollovers
on Sep 9, 2005 at 12:35:07 pm

I am looking to find a way in which I can create a simple DVD menu which for the rollover states of the buttons is not a single color shape but rather a full image, almost like a button rollover state on an HTML web page. The menu has no animations, just still images. I am hoping to just swap one picture with another for the button states. Is something like this possible, and if so, could someone please point me in the right direction?

Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Timothy Kurkoski
Re: Need help: DVD menu image rollovers
on Sep 9, 2005 at 2:59:57 pm

This topic has come up countless times. I'd suggest you search the forum and the archives to find a complete answer.

To summarize the answer, rollovers are not directly possible in the DVD specifications. However, you can sort of fake it if you create a separate menu for the rollover state for each button, then set the buttons to auto-activate so when they are selected with the remote they link to their rollover version. The downside is that this usually causes a slight delay to when the menus are loading (how much of a delay depends on the player) and won't work well with PC DVD player applications when the mouse is used to navigate the menus.

Return to posts index

dmbartos
Re: Need help: DVD menu image rollovers
on Sep 9, 2005 at 3:09:02 pm

Thanks for the info. I had previously discovered this method myself and it works pretty well in the preview window. When played on the computer the user would just have to click twice rather than once to select a section. When navigating on a seperate DVD player, it should transition pretty well for what I have setup.

Thanks again!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]