FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD menu intro

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hmmmmmm
DVD menu intro
on Sep 8, 2005 at 9:32:44 pm

I have a video that plays before my menu shows up. But when the video stops playing the screen goes black and then the menu shows up. How do i make it so that the video goes straight to the menu background without the black screen? - seamless...

Return to posts index

Fred Matthews
Re: DVD menu intro
on Sep 9, 2005 at 4:53:40 pm

See if this helps.

look at the timelines in the project window of Encore, there should be a little YELLOW CIRCLE with a BLACK RIGHT FACING ARROW. This indicates what has been set as first play. If there isn't one showing then right click whatever timeline u wish to use and then select "SET AS FIRST PLAY".

hope this helps

Return to posts index

Fred Matthews
on Sep 9, 2005 at 4:57:02 pm

This was a post by David Garrett a few days ago in the 'First play video' thread. I didn't want to steal his help.

Return to posts index

David Garrett
on Sep 9, 2005 at 5:32:06 pm

Encore don't do seamless.....what you can do is to have a short fade to black at the end of your video

Return to posts index

James
on Sep 10, 2005 at 7:29:50 pm

Another option may be to export a frame of your menu and tack that on to the end of your first play clip. That way the movie ends on the frame of your menu and while it searches for the real menu it still shows an image of the menu.

-James

Return to posts index

Hmmmmmm
on Sep 14, 2005 at 11:01:58 pm

I figured it out, it only happens in the preview in encore because that brief moment of blackness is the comp searching for the menu file. When burnt to a DVD the 'first play' goes seamlessly to the menu. Looks good too ;)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]