FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD error -1 during "planning navigation"

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Yossarian
DVD error -1 during "planning navigation"
on Sep 5, 2005 at 2:33:13 am

No matter what I try, I can't get Encore to build a simple DVD. I have 4 very simple text buttons that point to 4 very simple, discrete timelines. Everything's transcoded, yet when I try to build the project, Encore gets to "planning navigation" then spits out an "unknown error; DVD error -1" every last time. I've tried about everything I can think of with the project, to no avail.

Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Sal
Re: DVD error -1 during "planning navigation"
by
on Sep 19, 2005 at 3:17:03 am

Not sure if this will help but you can give it a shot. I'm assuming you are selecting Build DVD Disc. Try Build DVD>Make DVD folder. This will export the project into a series of .vob and other files that you can now burn with Nero, or whatever burning software you use. Just make sure you use the correct template. i.e. dvd video.. and drag all those files into the Video_TS folder. Audio_TS stays empty. give that a try. cheers.

Return to posts index

ozzie_ozzie
on Oct 3, 2005 at 10:19:58 am

I've got exactly the same problem. It checks through the DVD and then on planning navigation it spits out the same error as described.

This is an important DVD for uni and I need to burn it ASAP!
I'm savvy with Encore so I don't think it's a lack of skills. I've also made test burns of this current Encore project at different intervals of production which worked perfectly. However get to the end when I'm finished and it won't burn it!!!! Grrrrr!!!

Is there anyone out there with any other ideas?? I've tried to burn to folder but that wasn't successful either.

Return to posts index

ozzie_ozzie
on Oct 5, 2005 at 12:58:45 am

i got sick of Encore and borrowed Sonic DVDit from a colleague.

worked perfectly, no problems at all.

took me 6 hours to redo the DVD in Sonic but it was worth it. DVDit is far more intuitive and it does all the timelineing for you, linking of chapters for you etc. User interface is much better than Encore and it's stable!!!! from what i've read about encore following making this post there are thousands of people like me who have wasted their money on encore. Just as well photoshop, illustrator and after efects are ok or adobe would go out of business with the code that's in encore.

don't get me wrong, i'd love to be able to use a future STABLE version of encore that recognises unlimited layers from a photoshop file, it's just that Encore 1.5.1 is a steaming load of the proverbial. until that time comes and people on forums are recommending encore again (probably version 5 onward based on encore 1.5 coding issues), for god sake keep away from it. It will waste your time!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]