FORUMS: list search recent posts

VIDEO/AUDIO looping

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
davidnagel
VIDEO/AUDIO looping
on Sep 3, 2005 at 3:49:38 pm

Hello there,

New here. New to Encore DVD v1.5. Made several successful dvds that worked marvellously... but I've come to a problem with my latest attempt.

Right, I have my background video, which is around 6 secs and I want it looped. Fine, whip it over to the menu... got my background video... and its looping.

Now, I have an audio file I want to play in the background of the menu, this audio is 2 minutes long, right, whip it to the menu. I have my audio...

My problem is, when the audio plays full, the video does not loop. And when the video loops the audio keeps looping as well.

How can I get the audio to loop in full, while the video loops continuously? Surely I can set two different loops for them, rather them being connected?

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
David.

Return to posts index

David Garrett
Re: VIDEO/AUDIO looping
on Sep 3, 2005 at 5:56:53 pm

have you tried importing the video background and audio into your video editing software and then doing multiple copies of the VIDEO footage on th etimeline so as to be the same duration of the AUDIO file.
Export the VIDEO and AUDIO as seperate streams (AVI) and then open up in Encore and ALT+drag and drop the background video onto the menu and then just drag and drop the AUDIO file onto an empty area of the menu and then set the loop to FOREVER. This is one way around the 15 second max duration that Encore allows..

Return to posts index

davidnagel
on Sep 3, 2005 at 9:26:54 pm

I have eventually chose to do this, since Encore won't do what I thought would have been easy enough.

But I did some searching through the archive and it seems other people have had the same question as I, and within Encore this is not allowed.

Thanks for the advice David.

David.

PS Nice name ;-)

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Sep 4, 2005 at 9:56:12 pm

...Surely I can set two different loops for them, rather them being connected?

Actually, no.

To do something like this, you would user Premiere Pro or the NLE of your choice to loop one track or other to match the longest track, then export this as an AVI and set it to the background of the menu.

-Joe

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]