FORUMS: list search recent posts

Next chapter button issue

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Gillespie
Next chapter button issue
on Aug 30, 2005 at 6:21:14 pm

I've used Encore DVD for a couple of small internal projects now, and this is something I haven't been able to find in the manual.

When building a DVD from a series of clips/timelines, I set the "end action" for the timeline to go to the next button/timeline on the menu. In preview mode, this works just fine. However, after I build the DVD, pressing the next chapter button sends me all over the place. I figure I'm doing something wrong, but don't know what...any suggestions?

Thanks!

Mark

Return to posts index

Schassenj
Re: Next chapter button issue
on Aug 30, 2005 at 6:45:12 pm

I would double check the end action and make sure you are going to the Chapter you want but make sure you are going to the default selection of that menu not a sub link with in that menu. In other words select the button or link you wish to add the live video to, then in the pull down menu to select the end action; I always use

Return to posts index

drumrob
on Sep 1, 2005 at 5:31:32 pm

Pressing "Next Chapter" does not cause a DVD player to execute an end action. Chapters and end actions are two different things. The order of the chapters is set by how you imported the files I believe. So you need to make sure to import them in the order you want your "Next Chapter" to be. There may be sone other way to set the "next PGC" (sorry, I work more in Scenarist than in Encore), but that would be the type of command you would need to look for rather than end action. The end action command only affects what happens as you are playing the segment and it reaches the end.

Have fun!

Rob

Return to posts index

Mark Gillespie
on Sep 2, 2005 at 2:02:57 am

Geez...I hope that's not the case. It would make importing a bunch of clips at the same time impossible!

Thanks for the suggestions, guys...I'll give them a try!

Mark

Return to posts index

Kendell
on Oct 24, 2005 at 12:04:30 am

I'm having the same problem I think. I'm making a wedding video with 4 buttons for individual video clips and then a play all button. The clips are short enough that I left out any chapter divisions. I thought I would try pushing the "next" button on my remote control just to see what would happen. It seemed like it randomly selected a different video clip but after reading this topic I'm assuming it just went in the order that I imported the clips. I would prefer to have nothing happen when the "next" button is selected. Anyone know how to do this?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]