FORUMS: list search recent posts

Bit Budgeting - Transcoding options..

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sal
Bit Budgeting - Transcoding options..
by
on Aug 27, 2005 at 8:49:09 am

Once upon a time I had bought the Visual Quickstart to Encore. Once I was confortable using it, I lent to to a co-worker. I never had any issues with budgeting for space because my projects were generally never more than 30 min long.

I am working on a project now that is approx. 2.5 hours long. The way I usually transcode my video is to export from my edit app. as a quicktime reference and imort into Encore. Encore will then prompt to transcode immediately. No problems. I am transcoding all my video now but I have a feeling that it will not fit.

What are some other options to transcode 2.5 hours of video (total) while maintaining the highest possible level of quality?

Return to posts index

Sal
Re: Bit Budgeting - Transcoding options..
by
on Aug 27, 2005 at 8:51:49 am

Forgot to mention.. its a regular DVD-R 4.74 GB disc.. DVD-5 i think its called..

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Aug 27, 2005 at 3:24:10 pm

Encore should be able to calculate the bit rate and compress accordingly. However, you can't squeeze blood from a stone, so to speak. 150 minutes of video with a single audio track compressed to Dolby Digital onto a DVD-5 leaves you with a bit rate of approximately 3.869 Mbps- certainly in the low end of bandwidth for DVD-Video.

It may not look horrible, depending on the type of video (lots of motion requires more bandwidth to display with quality). But the quality will not be great due to the lack of bandwidth.

Return to posts index

Sal
by
on Aug 27, 2005 at 7:39:43 pm

I've decided to buy a dual-layer writer. This is probably the easiest solution. Hey, can't go wrong with a $62.99 (CA$) DL DVD writer! (Pioneer)

Thanks for your help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]