Linking and End Action Problems

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sal
Linking and End Action Problems
by
on Aug 24, 2005 at 5:39:31 pm

Hi,

I have a significant problem specifically with the end action of all my timelines. I have 10 timelines and one main menu with 10 buttons to link to each timeline respectively. A very simple DVD. When each timeline is finished playing, I want to go back to the main menu to select whatever else. So, I set the end action of the timelines to "main menu:default". But what happens is instead of going to the main menu, encore will continue to loop the timeline until the user manually selects otherwise.

I cannot have this happen. I have tried making the end action "return to last menu" with still no success. I have also tried setting the overrides to the menu as well but still the timelines loop. (what do the overrides do anyway?)

I have installed the 1.5.1 update. If anybody has any suggestions whatsoever, plleeeaaasssseee feel free to fill me in, I am on a tight deadline!

Thanks a million in advance for any help. ANY! Cheers.

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: Linking and End Action Problems
on Aug 24, 2005 at 8:10:02 pm

(what do the overrides do anyway?)

Don't use an override unless you know exactly what it does. :)

Try removing all overrides from all buttons and timelines and see if that solves your problem.

Return to posts index

David Garrett
on Aug 25, 2005 at 7:10:51 am

click on each button in turn and link it to play a specific timeline, and then set the end action for the BUTTON to return you back to the main menu, you can also make it so that the it will go to the next button in turn on the menu

Return to posts index

Sal
by
on Aug 26, 2005 at 4:46:53 pm

Son of a gun. If this was my problem the entire time I will kick myself. I am in the middle of a transcode, but once it finishes I will definately do that. I always linked back to the main menu itself, as opposed to the timelines respected button.

Thanks so much! Cheers.

Return to posts index

David Garrett
on Aug 26, 2005 at 4:55:16 pm

Hi Sal, if you check out Tut #8 from the intermediate section of my web site, the tut may help u
http://www.sitesled.com/members/doogs/downloads.htm

Return to posts index

Sal
by
on Aug 26, 2005 at 6:16:16 pm

you're a good man.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]