FORUMS: list search recent posts

Encore adds 10 seconds to timelines

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
WebDog
Encore adds 10 seconds to timelines
on Aug 23, 2005 at 4:28:05 am

Hi all,

The DVD I'm working on has a selection of wav files that are played against a still image.
It's essensially a small media player of sorts.

Now that works out fine and all.

Prototypes have come back with the resports that the ends of the tracks have a too large a gap of no sound.
This was thought to be the case of having the video timeline extended over the sound in order to compensate for DVD read / searching - but a closer look reveals that all of the timelines have a duration of 42 seconds - regardless of content.

Most of the sound clips are around 30 seconds and end at that point - so why is Encore adding an extra 10 seconds?

-WebDog

Return to posts index

WebDog
Solution!!
on Aug 23, 2005 at 4:38:05 am

Found the reason for this.

If you are in the case where you have a sound file playing against a still or video image and you are placing both elements in seperately you may find that when dragging in the still image you get a dialouge box asking for the duration of the image...

I've just discovered that this acts a bit too strongly and that duration set will remain regardless if you change the elements in that timeline.

The fix that I know of is to scrap the offending timelines and re-do them again.

Return to posts index

WebDog
Re: Solution!!
on Aug 23, 2005 at 4:40:37 am

Alernate solution to prevent re-linking things - is to simply delete the video layer and replace the image, and then set the duration.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]