COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bill ONeil
Assembling spots from separate files.
on Aug 21, 2005 at 1:08:25 am

I

Return to posts index

David Garrett
Re: Assembling spots from separate files.
on Aug 21, 2005 at 5:24:47 pm

you can link all the spots timelines to each other by using the "end action" of each seperate timeline, or if you are using Encore 1.5 you can use the "playlist" function to make the job easier for you.

as for the audio, encore will automatically encode it to the best quality that it thinks will be best to fit on the DVD

you can find loads of Encore tuts on my site http://www.sitesled.com/members/doogs/

Return to posts index

Bill ONeil
on Aug 22, 2005 at 12:41:16 am

Thanks, Dave. The playlist feature was the perfect solution and just what I was looking for. However, I was unable to get a preview working. I think that's because I had around 30 spots chained together and the program has to get them in cue. But the DVD I burned worked fine.

I think Adobe could improve this feature by allowing the user to sort the timelines in the playlist alphabetically and otherwise. It would also be nice to have the ability to select all the timelines and do a global import to the playlist instead of this "one at a time" stuff.

I enjoyed your tutorials as well.

Bill O'Neil
http://www.chicagospots.com

Return to posts index

David Garrett
on Aug 22, 2005 at 1:45:42 am

glad to be of help Bill, will have to check out your tuts for AE... i am really missing out on the power of that application

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Aug 22, 2005 at 2:25:24 pm

I think Adobe could improve this feature by allowing the user to sort the timelines in the playlist alphabetically and otherwise. It would also be nice to have the ability to select all the timelines and do a global import to the playlist instead of this "one at a time" stuff.

Bill, try this: Sort your timelines in the Project window, then select them all and create a new playlist.

The new playlist should be fully populated and sorted as in the Project window.

Enjoy,
Joe

Return to posts index

David Garrett
on Aug 22, 2005 at 6:01:24 pm

great bit of info Joe.... would you mind if I made a little video tut on the technique you just described. Will give you full credit for the tip ;-)

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Aug 22, 2005 at 6:43:46 pm

Feel free, David. And thanks for the tutorials you've posted- I can see from this forum that you've helped a lot of users.

Cheers,
Joe

Return to posts index

David Garrett
on Aug 23, 2005 at 12:12:19 am

many thanks Joe for the most kind words and for allowing me to record your tip. it has been done and upped to my site now. Tut #14 in the intermediate section.

Return to posts index

Bill ONeil
on Aug 23, 2005 at 1:40:33 pm

Great tip, Joe! Thanks David for the tutorial. I will use the playlist feature a bunch!

Bill O'Neil
http://www.chicagospots.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]