FORUMS: list search recent posts

ANIMATED THUMBNAIL (POSTER) FOR BUTTON LINKED TO SUBMENU

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mfuller52654
ANIMATED THUMBNAIL (POSTER) FOR BUTTON LINKED TO SUBMENU
on Aug 12, 2005 at 7:50:29 pm

How do you make an animated thumbnail for a button linked to another menu? I do not want the thumbnail to be a picture of the menu (which is what I'm getting), but footage from my "Play" timeline. Two buttons on Menu 1 (play and scenes). Scenes links to the scenes submenu.

I've searched many sites including Adobe and the Total Training DVD but no answer. Seems to be a FAQ. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: ANIMATED THUMBNAIL (POSTER) FOR BUTTON LINKED TO SUBMENU
on Aug 12, 2005 at 8:50:35 pm

Encore displays a poster frame for the linked object only (if there's a video thumbnail layer in the button).

If you want other video in there, you'd have to prepare the menu background in PPro or AE, then import it as an asset and make it the video background of the menu.

Return to posts index

mfuller52654
on Aug 12, 2005 at 9:01:15 pm

Not exactly sure what you mean. Let's say I make a 30 sec. clip for my poster/thumbnail in premiere and then export it as an asset. Do I put in the layer set for the "Scenes" button? Step by step please. Thanks big time!

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Aug 13, 2005 at 12:27:28 am

I'll give you a thumbnail sketch (no pun intended): let's say you want just a single button to play different video in it than what it's linked to.

1. Save your menu as a file (Menu > Save As File), you'll import this PSD file into PPro later.
2. Create a new PPro project, either standard 4:3 or 16:9, depending on your DVD project needs.
3. Import the PSD file you created in step 1
4. Import the video that you want to play in the thumbnail
5. Add it to the next video track, then scale it down so it fits in the button
6. Make sure both clips are of equal length, then export an AVI from PPro with Optimize Stills unchecked (important)
7. Import this AVI into Encore
8. Alt-drag it into your menu
9. File > Render Motion Menus

Hope it helps,
Joe

Return to posts index

mfuller52654
on Aug 14, 2005 at 1:17:22 am

It works!!! I rewrote your info to be a little more explicit. I'm a chef too! :>) Thanks again!

1. Save your menu as a file (Menu > Save As File), you'll import this PSD file into PPro later.

2. Create a new PPro project, either standard 4:3 or 16:9, depending on your DVD project needs.

3. Import the PSD file you created in step 1, Insert it onto video track 1.

4. Import the video that you want to play in the thumbnail.

5. Add it to video track 2. Apply the transform video effects, then using effects control scale and position, resize it so it fits in the button. Select uniform scale to keep correct proportions.

6. Make sure both clips are of equal length, then export an AVI (as movie) from PPro with Optimize Stills unchecked (important).

7. Import this AVI as an asset into Encore.

8. Using the Encore Selection Tool (Shift V) select the avi and alt drag it onto your menu. Or use the menu's video pickwhip and select the avi.

9. Select the button you are replacing the new video with. Open the layers palette. Open that button's folder and either delete its video layer or toggle off the viewing.

10. File > Render Motion Menus.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]