FORUMS: list search recent posts

encore 1.5 crashes when combining AC3 audio with m2v video

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pom
encore 1.5 crashes when combining AC3 audio with m2v video
by
on Aug 11, 2005 at 12:23:19 pm

I have rendered a trailer with Pinnacles Liquid edition.

I render it as m2v with 5.1 surround sound.

I want to produce the dvd with encore but it crashes when I combine the audio with the video.

It says "an abnormal condition has been detected..." After a new "unidentified error" sign comes up and I I have to ctrl-alt-del and close encore cause it has stopped answering...?

There's no trouble importing the files and nothing strange about making a new timeline with the m2v-file or the ac3 file but when combining them makes encore crash?

Anyone know why encore does this?

/Petri

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: encore 1.5 crashes when combining AC3 audio with m2v video
on Aug 11, 2005 at 4:36:11 pm

Normally, it doesn't do this.

Can you give me some details about the AC3 file? In what application was it made, bit rate and other settings?

Return to posts index

Pom
by
on Aug 11, 2005 at 5:48:59 pm

I've rendered the project with Pinnacle Liquid Edition 6.1

I have no problem listening to the audio if I have tha AC3 file alone in a timeline.

The bitrate of the ac3 file is 384000 Bits/second 48000 Hz.

I rendered the same project with uncompressed audio file and imported those files to Encore. I had no problem combining the audio with the video then. But as I was building the project encore prompted the same error messages just as it started to write the files...?
Encore crashed but it continued to write the files and I got a DVD image file completed anyway.

Very strange if you ask me.

Petri

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Aug 11, 2005 at 8:24:27 pm

Sounds like some other AC3 decoder may be clashing with Encore's.

Return to posts index

Pom
by
on Aug 12, 2005 at 12:41:01 pm

Do you have any idea why encore crashes when I have the uncompressed audio file? And only in the end when I have started building the disk.

It has been doing this for quite some time now.

Best regards

Petri

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Aug 13, 2005 at 12:43:10 am

Since it crashes when transcoding to AC3, I really think it's somehow related to Liquid Edition's AC3 encoder/decoder, or another AC3 encoder/decoder on your system.

You may be able to confirm this by importing a WAV file (no AC3) and changing your project encoder settings to PCM or MPEG-1 Layer II, and then see if it finishes building without error.

Return to posts index

Pom
by
on Aug 13, 2005 at 2:07:17 pm

In the last test yesterday I had rendered the project with uncompresesd pcm audio but encore still crashed just as it had started to write the files. I got the dvd built cause encore continued in the background of the error messages.

What's the easiest way to get ac3 audio if I render uncompressed audio with Liquid edition?

Petri

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]