FORUMS: list search recent posts

Playing a song-list with-in a single menu (mp3 or wav)

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
User_JWC
Playing a song-list with-in a single menu (mp3 or wav)
on Aug 10, 2005 at 7:16:49 am

Hello all...

I have a question about playing audio files.
I have a menu with two buttons, i would like to beable to click on one button and have it play a song (while still viewing the current menu) and then beable to select the second button and have it play a different song.
Is this possable, if so, can someone send me in the correct direction.

I have the songs in my project and they play fine if i add then to a timline, but i would like the end-user to bebale to select and play different songs while still looking at the same menu.

The only idea i have to "workaround" this would be to make a sperate menu for each song and when that menu loads, have it play the song in the backround, but that seams like alot of work and i would think theres a better way to do this.

Thanks for any help :)

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: Playing a song-list with-in a single menu (mp3 or wav)
on Aug 11, 2005 at 4:37:33 pm

The workaround is the only way. Each menu on a DVD is an MPEG file, and for DVD menus, only a single audio track is permitted.

Return to posts index

User_JWC
Re: Playing a song-list with-in a single menu (mp3 or wav)
on Aug 12, 2005 at 5:09:53 am

Thanks for your responce.

With this particulare DVD its only gonna have 7 songs so we got alittle lucky. Im gonna make each song is an audio track and added the songs name as the subtitle track, then just have the menu work off that. The user will have ot hit the "menu button" in order so select a different track. We might change this to one big audio track (mixing all the song into one file) then add chapters so the user can skip around alittle easyer.

Anyway, thanks for soild answer.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]