FORUMS: list search recent posts

Encore Issues

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
WebDog
Encore Issues
on Aug 9, 2005 at 6:47:36 am

Hi All,

This problem with Encore has been annoying me for a while.
Basically when we're playing the main feature timeline - or any timeline for that matter, upon pressing Next Chapter or Last Chapter on the last or first chapter points the DVD goes into a random DVD menu.

I understand what's happening, the DVD players are reading the titles listing and moving on as they are in sequence, but on a PC DVD player the correct action of going back to the main menu happens.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Return to posts index

Timothy Kurkoski
Re: Encore Issues
on Aug 9, 2005 at 4:34:19 pm

There's no way to fix this. As far as I know, there's no definition in the DVD spec of what to do when the Next Chapter button is pressed, but there are no chapters left in the timeline (or Previous when you're on the first). So it's left up to the player to decide what to do. Set-top players tend to pick the next timeline, and apparently your software player commits the end action. Some players I've seen don't do anything.

Return to posts index

WebDog
on Aug 9, 2005 at 11:48:02 pm

So out of curiosity how does a hollywood DVD overcome this?

I'm assuming the higher end programs like Senarist have functions that can control these things?

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Aug 10, 2005 at 12:48:15 am

Hollywood DVDs are often just one title.

There are workarounds for this- putting chapter point 1/2 second before the end a timeline, for instance.

Return to posts index

WebDog
on Aug 10, 2005 at 7:29:52 am

Thanks for the tips.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]