FORUMS: list search recent posts

TRANSCODE NOW crashes

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ron Moody
TRANSCODE NOW crashes
on Aug 4, 2005 at 4:54:01 pm

This is a wierd one. If I select 'Transcode Now' for a single avi, everything works perfectly. But if I select more than one (two yesterday, for instance), Encore crashes. Last night, before I went home, I transcoded one, leaving the other one to transcode overnight (and saving in-between). I come in this morning to see everything perfect.

Now I'll say the same thing in a different way for clarity.

Fox Anchorage accepts our show in DVD format, so that's the way we send it to them. It saves us a ton on postage alone. On that DVD are three 28:30 shows. It opens with a simple menu with all three shows listed and after each show (followed by a minute of black), it returns to the menu.

When I try to build the full DVD, which means that it would sequentially transcode all three avi files, it almost always crashes.

When I transcode those same three files individually (one-at-a-time, using transcode now and saving in-between each transcode), it almost always works perfectly.

When I use transcode now and select either two or three files to transcode, it almost always crashes.

The finished DVD's look and play fine.

I don't get it. Do you?

'Clueless On Maui' aka Ron Moody

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: TRANSCODE NOW crashes
on Aug 4, 2005 at 6:22:32 pm

Ron, I don't know why you might be getting a crash. I can transcode multiple files via Transcode Now and there are no errors.

Maybe this will help? Encore automatically transcodes all media in a timeline or menu at build time. If you let Encore do the transcoding, does it complete without error?

Return to posts index

Ron Moody
on Aug 4, 2005 at 9:58:14 pm

Thanks for responding.

When I try to build the full DVD, which means that it would sequentially transcode all three avi files, it almost always crashes.

ron

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Aug 5, 2005 at 2:17:37 pm

Wish I knew why...

Do you get any error message when you try to transcode more than on clip? And does this happen with all clips, or just those you are working with in this project?

Finally (for a quick fix), if transcoding is what's causing the crash, what happens if you transcode video to M2V and audio as WAV in another application such as PPro, and then put the streams together in Encore timelines? Does that allow you to build without error?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]