FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is it possible to swap VOB, IFO, BUP files from another DVD?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Craig Hirshberg
Is it possible to swap VOB, IFO, BUP files from another DVD?
on Aug 2, 2005 at 10:02:27 pm

Basically, I've made a dvd in Encore, and I burned a separate dvd straight from my NLE to a Samsung DVD recorder of the same two videos.

The compression of the Samsung recorder is better, so I'd like to somehow swap/replace the correct Encore files with the necessary Samsung files within the VIDEO_TS folder, and burn a new DVD with Roxio, all the while preserving the menu and linking functionality of the Encore project.

Is this even possible?

I've tried some different combiantions, some don't work at all, others just play the videos without the Encore menu coming up.

Thanks,

Craig

Return to posts index

Andrew Kramer
Re: Is it possible to swap VOB, IFO, BUP files from another DVD?
on Aug 3, 2005 at 8:45:22 am

you can import the vob video files into encore then re-author as normal. Just make sure it doesn't try to re-encode anything, which it shouldn't
Andrew

Return to posts index

Craig Hirshberg
on Aug 3, 2005 at 1:08:07 pm

Brilliant! I had no idea that was possible - I think that's the easiest thing I've done all week!

Thanks a million!

I suggest to anyone having compression issues with Encore to give this a try!

Return to posts index

Dan Asselin
on Aug 7, 2005 at 8:07:57 am

Hi; awhile ago I was asking members of this forum about taking vob files I had been given and using them in a new project. The answer I got was to just import the vob files directly into encore and then re-author. Well I have been able to rip the files from the dvd to my hard drive (not copy-protected) and yet when I try to open them in Encore my system just works on them until the program stops responding. Is there anything I am missing. I have tried importing as an asset and as a timeline with no luck. Plus, in order to keep from having to link from vob to vob I have been using a file joiner to create a single large vob and have tried that as well. Still with no luck.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Dan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]