FORUMS: list search recent posts

File error 16019

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Philip Hall
File error 16019
on Jul 27, 2005 at 2:03:07 pm

Last night while burning DVD's from programs I had recorded from TV, Encore threw me another curve. I sometimes get the feeling that using Encore is like having a hustler teach you a new card game while you're playing for money ("Yes, normally four aces would would beat a pair of jacks, but in this case......................")

Just for background, I'm a relative newbie, but I have successfully authored about 25 DVD videos using Encore 1.51, so I know the drill. These are all fairly straight-ahead projects: a simple menu with a single "Play" button, and a music file playing while menu is being displayed. No motion menus or anything cute or off-the-wall.

After successfully authoring and burning one DVD last night, I set out to do at least one more before I retired. I imported the mpeg2 as an asset, imported the menu, set up my links and timelines; all the regular stuff. I previewed the project and everything worked perfectly. I checked the project and there were no errors. But only seconds after beginning to build the DVD, I got the error message "File error 16019". I completely blew out and re-built the project from scratch three times, with the exact same results each time.

Obviously I have no idea what those cryptic messages mean, and researching them on the internet is fruitless. Has anyone else seen this particular error message, and more importantly, how can I fix it?

Thank you,

Phil Hall

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: File error 16019
on Jul 27, 2005 at 5:06:42 pm

From the Sonic Support database:

"Usually, this error happens when the audio_ts and video_ts folders from a pre-made DVD (either Hollywood or a consumer made) are dropped onto the hard drive and the user tries to replicate them into another DVD or "back up". Also, the error can be caused due to renaming the file, using non-alphanumeric characters (8 or less), or incorrect path settings as when the files has been moved while the session is in use.

You may also want to be sure that you are building your session to the top level of your hard drive as well."

Perhaps one of the latter cases applies?

Return to posts index

Philip Hall
on Jul 27, 2005 at 6:07:06 pm

Thanks, Joe. I definitely wasn't doing any of the things you mentioned in the first paragraph. I just ripped the program from my DVD+RW using Ulead Movie Factory like I always do; trimmed off the excess and authored the DVD the exact same way I've done it for 20+ other videos using Encore. I can't think of even one minor thing that would distinguish the authoring of this DVD from any of the others I've done. The name of the mpeg file was a single word.

joe bowden wrote:

> You may also want to be sure that you are building your session to the top level of your hard drive as well."

I'm not doing anything different than usual, but what does that mean, "building your session to the top level of your hard drive"?

Phil Hall

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Jul 28, 2005 at 12:09:19 am

Build to the root level of your hard drive, e.g. C:

Return to posts index

Philip Hall
on Jul 28, 2005 at 10:14:36 am

I think I've figured it out, although now I have a new problem. I remember reading somewhere that when creating a project in Encore, one should never transcode files that are already DVD-compliant, which mpeg2 files are. This program was recorded on the same DVD recorder with the same settings as all of the other videos I've authored. So I have always set all of my mpegs to "Do Not Transcode".

Through trial and error, I discovered last night that, for whatever reason, Encore wants to transcode this mpeg. When I changed the transcode settings to automatic, the error message went away and Encore began to build the DVD. Unfortunately, it's taking an eternity. I literally let it run all night (about 8 hours), and it was less than one-fourth of the way through. Is there some way to speed the process up?

Phil H.

Return to posts index

Philip Hall
on Aug 1, 2005 at 6:38:06 pm

I got my final resolution on this project. Unfortunately, it wasn't the resolution I was looking for.

Allowing Encore to transcode the project gets rid of file error 16019, but after almost 4 hours of transcoding, Encore gives me the error message that it can't transcode the extras. I did it twice with the same results. What extras? There are no extras. All I did was put an mp3 on the menu to play while the menu is being displayed and drag a picture (.psd) out onto the menu; both of which I've done on almost all of my other projects authored with Encore. The movie is a straight-ahead recording of a movie from TV by my DVD recorder that shouldn't need to be transcoded in the first place. It looks like I'm going to have to author it with Movie Factory. The menu won't look as pretty but the movie will play the same.

Does anyone know why Encore might think it needs to transcode a 720X480 recording and what "extras" it might be referring to?

Phil Hall

Return to posts index

Philip Hall
on Aug 7, 2005 at 6:11:45 pm

Okay, I finally got around the error by making a few changes that shouldn't have made any difference at all. I couldn't understand it because the proect previewed perfectly and Encore found no errors with the project when it checked it. I used a different menu (both were from the Encore library), I didn't import a picture to put on the menu (it was a .psd file, and I've done it on most of my projects) and I converted the mp3 to a wav file. But I've since authored 2 movies using mp3's, so that probably wasn't it. Anyway, Encore finally let me burn the project and it plays perfectly.

But now Encore has thrown a new curve at me on another project. I recorded 4 episodes of a half-hour TV show (all SP) and trimmed them to burn on DVD. Encore will allow me to import 2 of them, but when I try to import the other 2, I get the error message "Sorry, an abnormal condition has been detected. Before quitting, you have one chance to save your project (don't use the same name as the original)."

I researched the error with google, and get a lot of answers referring to Matrox. I don't have it, whatever it is. I have done the update and am running v 1.51 of Adobe Encore. I know this can't be a rare error. Any ideas what might be the real cause of the error message and how to get around it?

Thank you,

Phil H.

Return to posts index

Schnard
on Jun 17, 2006 at 10:49:14 pm

I got the same error message when trying to make an image as well. I simply renamed it to save in the upmost part of teh root file, and the error went away (F: insead of F:/DVD/) Hope this helps!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]