FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video/Audio out of sync only after burning DVD...why?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Wekiva
Video/Audio out of sync only after burning DVD...why?
on Jul 26, 2005 at 1:43:01 am

As you can see if you read back a few days...I've been trying to burn a DVD. I am using Premier Pro and Encore DVD 1.5 I tried forever to get chapters to work smoothly w/ 8 different timelines and finally gave up. I tried for a while to figure out how to put in chapters in Premier and finally gave up. I ended up putting a 4 hour Europe video into Encore as one timeline and placed the chapter markers in Encore. Everything seemed to be running smoothly. I previewed the DVD in Encore and everything worked. I then burned the DVD letting Encore figure the encoding compression level on its own. I then popped the DVD in my set top player and it worked! Everything worked smootly and the chapter skip worked fine forwards and backwards.

Then after watching a bit of the video I noticed that toward the end of the DVD the voice and video were out of sync about 1/2 a second...just enough to be annoying. I went back to my timeline in Encore and sure enough the audio line was a bit longer than the video line. I redid the whole thing and made sure that the lines were exactly the same...and reburned the DVD. When the DVD was done burning I checked and the timelines no longer matched...the audio timeline was once again longer than the video timeline. THIS HAPPENED AS I BURNED THE DVD! How could the DVD burning change the length of the video or the audio? So now I have two DVDs w/ out of sync issues toward the end.

Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Timothy Kurkoski
Re: Video/Audio out of sync only after burning DVD...why?
on Jul 26, 2005 at 4:55:31 pm

How are you exporting your video from Premiere Pro? My guess is that you're exporting as AVI, and the problem is occurring when Encore transcodes it into MPEG-2 before the burn. This could likely be solved by changing your transcoding settings, but you could also make it simpler by exporting your video from Premiere Pro as MPEG-2.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]